The recent 20 – 20 world cup has got me thinking .. should people make/frame rules of the game just to make sure that it fits in the busy world we live in. I mean, if you do not have time to watch an entire day of cricket and are happy with just 3 hours of it, you really are not a cricket fan. If you really were a cricket fan, you would want more of it, not less .. isn’t it ?
Anyway, ICC will be kick starting another tournament today, the 20-20 world cup .. obviously, my opinion about it that it is the lowest that the ICC can stoop to earn money. And also, obviously, my opinion doesn’t count for anything 🙂
Anyway, while we are at it (Framing rules) .. I thought I could think up some rules that would make the future games even more interesting.
1. We presently have cheerleaders present at the 20-20 games who cheer every boundary/wicket etc. I think we can also incorporate a nude runner into it .. someone who runs onto the field every time a six is hit. Has to be female, to attract audience.
2. Presently a batsman gets a free hit every time a bowler bowls a no-ball. It could be made sure that whenever a bowler bowls a no-ball he should also get some ass whopping from the captain of his team. This would ensure that the bowler bowls a bad bad delivery the next ball too, which would be anyway a free hit.
3. Every time a batsman feels like it, he can ask the bowler to reduce his bowling speed within manageable range. So, the next ball has to be bowled between , lets say 100 km/hr to 110/km/hr.
4. A bowler who spins the ball more than a specified amount, shall be fined 40% of his match fee. Same for bowlers who breaks the speed barrier of 125 km/hr.
5. Any amount of Swing shall attract penalty. The bowler will have to see the match referee on accounts of breach of conduct.
6. A Ball that hits the bat shall fetch the batsman double the runs he runs between the wickets along with the extra runs he may get by getting the ball to cross the boundary.
7. If a ball misses the bat altogether, it will get the batsman only 2 runs, along with the runs he can get by running between the wickets.
8. If the ball crosses the inner circle, it will fetch the batsmen double the runs he would get normally.
9. A bowler who manages to get a wicket in spite of all this, will have to pay 5% of his match fee for every wicket taken.
10. If a fielder catches a ball or is involved in stopping a ball or in running out a batsman, he would have to leave the field immediately. Hence forth, the game would be played with the remaining fielders.
11. The batsman will have the right to decide which bowler he wants to face in the next over.
12. The batsmen can ask for fielders to be placed at specific positions in the field and ask the bowler to bowl a delivery only at a particular spot at a particular speed.
13. The batsmen will get 5 cheer leaders to sleep with at the end of the game , the bowlers will have to dress up as cheer leaders for the post match party for match referee and the umpires.
Uhmm .. yeah .. thats about all that I can come up with at the moment. Probably I can think of more when the series begins.
Bottom line -> 20-20 sucks .. !!